WED 18 MAR
As you are aware, COVID-19 is causing disruptions to educational institutions in Australia and around the world. Orange International College is no exception.
We want to assure you that we are paying close attention to the situation. Our staff members are meeting regularly to monitor events and coordinate support for students.
We are keeping the situation under daily review and we are adjusting our planning and actions as necessary. As COVID-19 cases expand globally and Orange International College is taking the necessary steps to protect the health and safety of our student and staff community.
Looking ahead, Orange International College will follow advice from the regulatory bodies for our industry, such as ASQA, TEQSA and the Department of Education, Skills and Employment (for regular updates, please follow this link: https://www.dese.gov.au/news/coronavirus-covid-19?cv. We are also closely monitoring advice given by medical authorities on how we should conduct our operations to manage the impact of the virus. This includes planning for a range of scenarios in which our priority is the health and wellbeing of our students and staff. Depending on how the situation develops, we will adjust our course delivery and schedules so that students can continue their learning.
For now, it is important to note that your classes, assessments and course activity are continuing as normal. We will update you immediately if this changes.
We would like to encourage you to attend your classes so that you can achieve the best outcomes, particularly for compulsory attendance, which is still a requirement.
Please be advised:
- All Students who have arrived in Australia after midnight, 15 March 2020 are required to self-isolate for 14 days: if this is your case, please send us a copy of your boarding pass (please send to email@example.com).
- All students who are in Australia are required to attend classes as per their scheduled timetable:
- If you are feeling sick and not able to attend classes, please provide a medical certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are currently undergoing self-isolation, without written medical advice, please note that you will be marked as absent;
- Re-assessment will be considered on a case by case basis.
- We encourage all students to follow basic hygiene standards when at Campus or in public, such as covering mouth while coughing/sneezing, washing hands regularly, avoiding handshakes, etc. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
In the event of the State or Federal Government shutting down colleges/schools, all classes will be held through our excellent online learning platform.
Please find below important information regarding online learning (if implemented):
- Attendance will be marked based on login and logout details on the online learning platform;
- If you cannot attend classes online due to illnesses, you will be required to submit a medical certificate to email@example.com;
- All assessments must be submitted within due date. If any part of your unit/assessment involves physical presence and/or demonstration, it will be rescheduled, and you will be notified accordingly;
- More information on our online learning part will be coming soon, please keep monitoring your Google Classroom for additional updates;
- In the upcoming weeks you will be trained on how to attend classes through our online learning platform, so that if a situation arises, you will be able to attend training from home.
For further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 13000 69 642 (MYOIC) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would also like to thank you for your continued patience and support during this difficult time. All our members of staff are working incredibly hard to support your continued study.