Update on the International Student Emergency Relief Fund
THU 23 JULY
We hope you all are doing well!
We have an update to share with you all on the International Student Emergency Relief Fund.
International Student Emergency Relief Fund
The Victorian Government’s $45 million International Student Emergency Relief Fund opened on 19 May 2020, and supports international students in Victoria facing financial hardship through loss of employment due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The fund is delivered through Study Melbourne for the Victorian Government.
The eligibility criteria and documentation requirements for the Fund are outlined on the Study Melbourne website.
Support available for students with their applications
A range of support is available to help students to submit a successful application, including:
- a detailed Application Guide and Frequently Asked Questions are available to provide guidance on your application
- our dedicated call center team to help students reapply, including arranging access to interpreters if needed, and can be contacted on 1800 056 449
- translated reference examples of the application form are available.
Students at private education providers are encouraged to follow these tips to make a successful application for the Fund:
- Confirm eligibility before starting.
- Read the application support information, including the Application Guide (Stream Two) and Frequently Asked Questions
- Prepare supporting documents before starting the application. Only JPEG, PDF or PNG formats will be accepted. Learn more about Preparing supporting documents in our Application Guide.
- Use a desktop or laptop computer to do the application, not a mobile device.
- Check that all information is correct before submitting. If students provide incomplete or incorrect information their application can’t be processed.
Further support for international students in Victoria
The Victorian Government has a range of support available to international students in addition to the International Student Emergency Relief Fund:
- a dedicated coronavirus (COVID-19) online support hub on the Study Melbourne website to link students with a wide range of support programs and services including a directory of community support and food relief
- one-off rent relief grants for people in rental hardship due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, to help keep renters in safe and stable accommodation
Help to find work opportunities through Working for Victoria
- access to free legal advice on accommodation and employment matters. including the International Student Work Rights Legal Service and the International Student Accommodation Legal Service
- dedicated support through the Study Melbourne Student Centre including access to free and confidential counselling and practical help, access to mental health services and referral to other services.
Orange International College