In August there was a very enriching Careers Masterclass held via Zoom for our students. We had a great opportunity to collaborate with one of Australia’s top Career Coaching firms, Career Success Australia, who have helped more than 3,000 graduate job seekers like you succeed in Australia.
Getting a job in Australia is hard, especially if you are a recent graduate. Hence, it is always helpful to get guidance from someone who knows ways to give you a competitive edge.
In this session students gained invaluable tips and tactics on how to get more job interviews, and by the end of the Masterclass, they were ready with their very own Job Search Strategy that could help them improve their prospects of getting a job.
What was covered in the session?
- Customised career advice and job-searching strategies (since there was such a small group – this wouldn’t always be possible).
- Using Seek’s advanced search functions, and setting up job alert emails.
- Analysing a job advertisement.
- Resume structure and content.
- Cover letter structure and content.
- LinkedIn profiles – what you need to include.
- Building your professional network on LinkedIn.
We encourage you to stay tuned and up to date with the Google Classroom announcements & Newsletters where we inform you of such activities that are organized just for you and we would be so glad if you took up the opportunity and benefited from it.