In self-directed learning (SDL), the individual takes the initiative and the responsibility for what occurs. Individuals select, manage, and assess their own learning activities, which can be pursued at any time, in any place, through any means, at any age. The definition of SDL is the fact the learner takes:1) the initiative to pursue a learning experience, and
2) the responsibility for completing their learning.Once the initiative is taken, the learner assumes complete responsibility and accountability for defining the learning experience and following it through to its conclusion.
“In its broadest meaning, ’self-directed learning’ describes a process by which individuals take the initiative, with our without the assistance of others, in diagnosing their learning needs, formulating learning goals, identify human and material resources for learning, choosing and implement appropriate learning strategies, and evaluating learning outcomes.” (Knowles, 1975, p. 18)
- For individuals, the course fee is payable at the time of enrolment or as per the invoice issues by the institute but before course commencement.
- For organisations, we will issue an invoice when a purchase order or letter of authority or request is received by us. The invoices must be paid in full either within 7 days of the invoice date or prior to course commencement, whichever comes first.
- Payment can be made online using B Point link https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/orangeinternationalclg
You may transfer to another available course at no cost, provided you make a request at least five full working days before the course starts. An administration fee of 10% of the course fee will apply if a request is made after that time but before the course starts.
We will not accept any changes in enrolments, including transfers, after the course starts.
If you are unable to attend the course you are enrolled in, another person may attend the course in your place for the entire course at no extra charge, provided that:
- you let us know in writing before the course starts; and
- you and that person respectively agree to any terms and conditions which may apply in this case.
Written notice of cancellation must be provided to email@example.com. If the notice of cancellation is received:
- between 4-10 full working days* prior to the commencement date: of the course fee will be refunded
- less than 4 full working days* prior to the course commencement date: no refund will be given.
No refunds or transfers to another course can be made if a participant fails to attend a course.
Unless otherwise indicated, you may substitute another participant up to the start of a short course without penalty.
*A full working day is Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC/GMT+10) and excludes VIC/TAS public holidays.
Refunds will be processed within 15 working days from the course commencement date, or from the date written notification of cancellation is received. Refunds will not be given for non-attendance or cancellation after the commencement date.
Orange International College Pty Ltd reserve the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule a short course if circumstances necessitate. A full refund of course fees only will be provided for the cancellation of any short course.
All prices for short courses include Goods and Services Tax (GST) where applicable.
All our short courses are based on self-directed learning* mode to be completed at students’ own pace, with the maximum time allowed, for each course, being 6 months. Extension for the time to complete a course may be allowed under compassionate and/or compelling circumstances only. Request are subject to the approval by General/ Student Support Manager. Learners/students who successfully complete the course will receive a Statement of Attendance. It may take up to 10 working days for the issuance of statement.
Note: This course is non-accredited and does not need Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) for study