Support Resources available for International Students in Victoria
TUE 19 MAY
We have some updates to share with you regarding the recent developments from the Victorian Government to support the international students.
1) International Student Emergency Relief Fund
The Victorian Government recently announced a $45 million for this initiative. The fund provides one-off payments to help international students in financial hardship due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
To be eligible to apply to the International Student Emergency Relief Fund (Stream Two), you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- You are an international student enrolled in a private tertiary education provider in Victoria, and you were enrolled on or before 16 March 2020
- You are an international student who has a current student visa that expires after 30 June 2020.
- You are an international student who currently resides in Victoria, Australia and is presently physically located in Victoria.
- You were employed in Victoria in March 2020, and have experienced exceptional circumstances of financial hardship due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and those circumstances of hardship arise from:
- a significant reduction in hours of employment OR
- loss of employment due to a business shutdown AND
- you are unable to supplement lost income from other sources of financial support
For More Information Visit: https://gemsuseraccount.cmail19.com/t/r-l-jkldtlid-uudiklhljj-i/
Apply Now: https://businessvic.secure.force.com/PublicForm?id=iserfaf2020#no-back-button
2) Rent Relief Grants
It is available for people in rental hardship due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, designed to help keep renters in safe and stable accommodation
For more information regarding your eligibility visit: https://rentrelief.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/
3) Working for Victoria
The Victorian Government has provided $500 million to the Working for Victoria initiative to help our community find new work opportunities
For more information visit: https://gemsuseraccount.cmail19.com/t/r-l-jkldtlid-uudiklhljj-h/
4) Coronavirus Support Hub
The Victorian Government has a dedicated website to support the international student community during this challenging time.
Visit the website to get current and accurate information, and assistance to get connected with resources that can help: https://gemsuseraccount.cmail19.com/t/r-l-jkldtlid-uudiklhljj-k/
5) Community Support and Food Relief Grants
A dedicated government website consisting of various resources that link community members with information about food relief and support services available during this pandemic. For more information visit: https://gemsuseraccount.cmail19.com/t/r-l-jkldtlid-uudiklhljj-n/
6) Legal Advice
There are resources available to assist you if you need help understanding the law. You can get guidance on your eligibility to access free accommodation, employment services or other legal advice that you are looking for.
For more information visit: https://gemsuseraccount.cmail19.com/t/r-l-jkldtlid-uudiklhljj-p/
We are very grateful to the Australian Government for such great initiatives that it has implemented to support the International Students Community.
But all we ask of you is to…
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy! and Always Practice Social Distancing!
Orange International College