|BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management|
|Cricos Course Code :||089163A|
|Course Code :||BSB61015|
|Course Name :||Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management|
|Location :||Hobart Campus|
|Duration :||1 years or 52 weeks|
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters. They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
Program duration and schedule
|Program length||1 years or 52 weeks(Includes 6 weeks of public holidays and term break)|
|Schedule Intake||Contact 13000 MY OIC (69 642)|
Program Structure (Core and Elective Units)
Students are required to complete 12 Units of Competency (4 Core and 8 Elective) for the qualification Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|BSBMGT615||Contribute to organisation development|
|BSBWHS605||Develop, implement and maintain WHS management system|
|BSBMKG609||Develop a marketing plan|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|BSBADV602||Develop an advertising campaign|
|BSBHRM602||Manage human resources strategic planning|
|BSBMKG605||Evaluate international marketing opportunities|
|BSBMKG607||Manage market research|
Assessment processes cover a broad range of skills and knowledge needed to demonstrate competency and will integrate knowledge and skills with their practical application. All assessments of units of competency will be conducted according to the assessment guidelines and competency standards of the official Training Package for this qualification. Students will be required to perform in a range of areas including and not limited to: observations, case study, projects, assignments, presentations, written question, role play etc.
Mode and Method of Delivery
Study mode Full time (20 hours per week – 70% hours face to face and 30% hours online)
Delivery mode Blended Model supported with Learning Management System. Please contact Student Services for more information.
Self Study 10 hours per week self-directed learning, which may include independent reading, study and/or project work. The duration of self- directed learning per week may vary for individual students. These hours are separate from the hours required for delivery under Blended Learning model.
All students must be aged 18 years or over (International students) at the time of applying for admission to the College.
- Satisfactory completion of Australian recognised or equivalent qualification at or above Diploma level (AQF level 5 or above).
- If student’s educational qualifications do not meet OIC’s admission requirements, other factors may be considered at the discretion of OIC. (Please contact admission staff for more details and refer to Application, Enrolment and Orientation policy for further details)
- IELTS band score of overall 5.5 (Academic or General) or equivalent in line with the Department of Education and DOHA regulations (Refer to Application, Enrolment and Orientation policy for further details)
- Learners are required to be competent in written and spoken English and will undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test prior to commencing the training. Refer to LLN policy for further details.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy is applicable for this course. Your device must have camera and speaker functions.
- Internet Access with a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player
- Basic digital literacy (ability to communicate and access information through digital technologies like internet platforms, social media, search engines, emails and basic use of MS office products).
- Please refer to BYOD Policy for details
Nil as per training package
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT)
Students may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) by providing evidence that they have the required skills and knowledge in the specific areas of competency through work /industry experience and/or completed eligible assessments in an equivalent or higher qualification. Appropriate credit transfer may be granted to eligible students against each unit of competency on evidence to successful completion of the same unit in an equivalent or higher nationally endorsed qualification. Students with credit transfers or recognition of prior learning will finish the course in a shorter duration and are advised to consult appropriate authorities/bodies for applicable criteria if they are planning further study or stay in Australia
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit. (Source: AQF )
Credit transfer is a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for components of a qualification based on identified equivalence in content and learning outcomes between matched qualifications. (Source AQF )
On successful completion of this course the student would be awarded BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management which is nationally recognised qualification. This could help student gain entry into career paths or higher education in Business stream. Students who do not complete all units may be eligible for a Statement of Attainment in partial completion of AdvancedDiploma of Leadership & Management (BSB61015).
Further training pathways from this qualification include, but are not limited to BSB80215 Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership or BSB80315 Graduate Certificate in Leadership Diversity or Higher Education
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles to the qualification are:
- Executive Manager or Director
- Manager, Human Resources (Strategy)
- Senior Executive
- Conveyancing Owner/ Manager
- Account Director (Advertising)
- Global Account Manager
- Records and information Coordinator
- Program Manager
- Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner
This is a superseded qualification; students may require to transition into the next version when available. The replacement qualification has pre-entry requirements that you must meet before entry. Students must have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions) or have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise. Refer to Letter of Offer, Student Agreement and Acceptance of Offer Form for more information.